やった！ We've arrived!
I've just had the most amazing outdoor bath in the 旅館 (ryokan, a Japanese inn) we're staying at for the next two nights. I don't think there could be a better way to recover from jetlag (and 28 hours without sleep!)
But before I get some shut-eye, a little about the journey!
- What they say about the trains is completely true, you can actually set your watch by them - I did!
- Japan airlines does surprisingly excellent food (dispute not letting us upgrade to first class for free :P)
- Planes fitted with on-board bird's-eye and forward facing cameras for in-seat viewing are awesome
- The tube stations are all covered in colour from adverts and directions (very helpful, even for がいじん - foreigners)
- Everything sounds more awesome in Japanese
- The phrase 'Is this right?' is going to be very, very handy
- Japan is really exciting! たんじょぼです！
Hope you're all very jealous :P